Partnering with a Library Staff Member
This is a partnership between library instruction staff and faculty instructors, and therefore should be viewed as a shared experience. Faculty and Library staff should negotiate learning outcomes together. Library Instruction has the biggest impact on student learning when it is tied to an assignment with a research component.
Library Instruction Offerings
- General information literacy instruction that address learning outcomes customized to your class
- Discipline-specific information literacy instruction customized to your class
- Special Collections instruction
- Data Management and GIS instruction
- Assignment design for assignments that have an information literacy or research component
- Online learning objects customized to your course
To schedule a session or find out more about library instruction, reach out to:
Mission of Information Literacy Instruction
Our mission is to facilitate a holistic approach to information literacy instruction by engaging the WashU community through intentionally designed class sessions, assignments, workshops, and consultations where learners are introduced to the scholarly sphere, critical thinking, issues of access and privilege, and strive to achieve greater cultural awareness.