The Faculty Library Council and National Council Advisory Groups work with the Libraries’ Leadership to offer their insights and support.
Faculty Library Council
The Faculty Library Council reviews planning proposals and budget documents; ensures that schools and programs across the University are engaged in library work; and serves as advocates to University leadership for the Libraries and their priorities.
(As of November 18, 2020)
- Julia Deems (Chair), Lecturer in Communications; Olin Business School
- Tim Bartley, Professor of Sociology; Arts & Sciences
- Elizabeth Childs, Etta & Mark Steinberg Professor of Art History; Arts & Sciences
- Renato Feres, Professor of Mathematics and Statistics; Arts & Sciences
- Christine Johnson, Associate Professor of History; Arts & Sciences
- Patricia Kohl, Associate Professor of Social Work
- David Konig, Professor of Law; School of Law
- Stephen Leet, Professor of Architecture; Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- Marvin Marcus, Professor of Japanese Language and Literature; East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Kathleen McDermott, Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences; Arts & Sciences
- Alvitta Ottley, Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Engineering; McKelvey School of Engineering
- David Queller, Spencer T. Olin Professor of Biology; Arts & Sciences
- Leland Deeds, Interim Vice Provost and University Librarian, Associate University Librarian; University Libraries
The Libraries’ National Council is an advisory board whose membership consists of alumni, business professionals, educators, cultural leaders, and librarians from peer institutions. The Council meets semi-annually with the Libraries to discuss library initiatives and projects.
- Paul Koulogeorge (LA 88), Chair; Vice President of Marketing, Advertising, and PR, Goddard Systems, Inc.
- Louis Akin, Day for Night Productions
- Charles R. Brown (GR 78), Education Consultant
- Shirley Brown (GR 81), Education Consultant, St. Louis Public Schools
- Ann D. Desloge, Community Volunteer
- James Goldschmidt (LA 1973), President, Graphfix Lab
- David M. Grossman (GR 68, GR 78), Retired University Administrator
- Nancy S. Kranzberg (LA 66), Community Volunteer
- Susan J. Miller (LA 76), Community Volunteer and Attorney
- Kathy Missman, Chief Economist (retired), Butler Manufacturing Co.
- James R. Moog, Community Volunteer
- Sunny Pervil (GR 74, GR 89), Professor Emeritus, Maryville University
- Sarah Ringer, Community Volunteer
- John Schaperkotter, Partner, Bryan Cave LLP
- James Schiele (LA 51, GR 85, GR 11, GR14, GR15), Former Owner, St. Louis Screw & Bolt
- Corey M. Shapiro (LA 96), Attorney, Fultz Maddox Dickens, PLC
- Laura Epstein Shindler (LA 68), Financial Consultant
- Jack E. Thomas, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Coin Acceptors, Inc.
- James F. Williams, II, Dean of Libraries (retired), University of Colorado
- Todd Zubler (LA 92), Attorney and Partner, WilmerHale