The Faculty Libraries Council and National Council Advisory Groups work with the Libraries’ Leadership to offer their insights and support.
Faculty Libraries Council
The Faculty Libraries Council reviews planning proposals and budget documents; ensures that schools and programs across the University are engaged in library work; and serves as advocates to University leadership for the Libraries and their priorities.
(As of July 2022)
- Pamela Barmarsh, Professor of Hebrew Bible & Biblical Hebrew; A&S Humanities
- John Bleeke, Professor of Chemistry; A&S Natural Sciences/Mathematics
- Rebecca Dohrmann, Senior Lecturer in Management Communications; Olin Business School
- Renato Feres, Professor of Mathematics; A&S Natural Sciences/Mathematics
- Caroline Kita, Associate Professor of Germanic Languages and Literatures; A&S Humanities
- Patricia Kohl, Associate Professor of Social Work; Brown School
- David Konig, Professor of Law; School of Law
- Zeuler Lima, Associate Professor of Architecture; Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- Bill Maxwell, Professor of English and African and African American Studies; A&S Humanities
- Kathleen McDermott, Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences; A&S Humanities
- Ranen Miao, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Alvitta Ottley, Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Engineering; Engineering
- Roddy Roediger, James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor, Psychological and Brain Sciences; A&S Humanities
- Mimi Calter, Vice Provost and University Librarian; University Libraries
The Libraries’ National Council is an advisory board whose membership consists of alumni, business professionals, educators, cultural leaders, and librarians from peer institutions. The Council meets semi-annually with the Libraries to discuss library initiatives and projects.
- Paul Koulogeorge (LA 88), Chair; Vice President of Marketing, Advertising, and PR, Goddard Systems, Inc.
- Louis Akin, Day for Night Productions
- Charles R. Brown (GR 78), Education Consultant
- Shirley Brown (GR 81), Education Consultant, St. Louis Public Schools
- James Goldschmidt (LA 1973), President, Graphfix Lab
- Susan J. Miller (LA 76), Community Volunteer and Attorney
- Kathy Missman, Chief Economist (retired), Butler Manufacturing Co.
- James R. Moog, Community Volunteer
- Sunny Pervil (GR 74, GR 89), Professor Emeritus, Maryville University
- Sarah Ringer, Retired Academic Librarian
- John Schaperkotter, Partner, Bryan Cave LLP
- James Schiele (LA 51, GR 85, GR 11, GR14, GR15), Former Owner, St. Louis Screw & Bolt
- Corey M. Shapiro (LA 96), Attorney, Fultz Maddox Dickens, PLC
- Laura Epstein Shindler (LA 68), Financial Consultant
- Jack E. Thomas, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Coin Acceptors, Inc.
- James F. Williams, II, Dean of Libraries (retired), University of Colorado
- Todd Zubler (LA 92), Attorney and Partner, WilmerHale