Libraries Student Advisory Group
The Libraries Student Advisory Group (LSAG) is an opportunity for students to have an active voice at the Washington University Libraries.
The goal of this group will be to engage students with library-related issues on campus. The group will serve as a two-way forum for exchanging information between students on the Danforth Campus and the Washington University Libraries.
Participation will entail 2-3 formal meetings per semester during 2023 to learn about and discuss plans/programs, interact with Libraries’ leadership, and share outreach ideas. Additional opportunities to assist with events and orientation activities will be available.
All students (undergraduate & graduate) on the Danforth Campus in good academic standing are welcome to apply. Up to 10 students will be selected to participate each year.
- Students (undergraduate & graduate) in good academic standing on the Danforth Campus
- Ability to meet time commitment requirements
- Interest in sharing opinions and representing student peers to improve the University Libraries
- Committee membership operates on a calendar year cycle (through 2023)
- Two meetings on Fridays afternoons (exact dates/times TBD) in March & April 2023; three meetings in fall 2023
- Assist with student-facing events and orientation activities as able/desired
- Develop leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Network with University Libraries leadership/staff and peers
- Use this experience for your resume and portfolio
- Access to Skilltype learning management platform
- $500 annual stipend
2023 Application Timeline
- Applications open: January 2023
- Application deadline: 5:00 pm on Friday, March 3, 2023
- Applicant notifications: Monday, March 20, 2023