Posting Non-Library Notices in the Libraries
We provide designated bulletin boards and whiteboards for posting non-library notices in the following areas:
- Olin Library: Bulletin board in Whispers cafe, near vending and copy machine
- Art and Architecture Library: Bulletin board in the stairway to the entrance
- Chemistry: Bulletin board above the New Books display
- Music: Bulletin board in the breezeway
- Physics: On the entry door to Library
Priority for space in these locations is given to the university community.
Outdated and duplicated notices will be removed. The libraries will remove and recycle out-of-date postings every Friday afternoon, and will clear the board completely on the last Friday of each month.
Washington University Libraries Digital Signage Policy is available at https://library.wustl.edu/digital-signage/content/.
Prohibited Posting Spaces
Posting of non-library notices (including posters, notes, announcements, flyers, advertisements, signs, and handbills) in public areas of the library, with the exception of the designated bulletin boards and whiteboards as listed above, is prohibited. Notices posted in these areas will be removed. Public areas include:
- book stacks
- doors and doorways
- study rooms
- library building entrances and exterior columns
Public Areas for Library-Sponsored Activities
Public areas of the Libraries are reserved for library-sponsored activities in order to:
- Ensure unimpeded access to the libraries’ resources and spaces
- Maintain the libraries as campus spaces dedicated to research and scholarship
- Increase the effectiveness of library-related exhibits and displays