Some study spaces are available in limited capacities. Please read further for details.
See our COVID-19 information page for more.
About the Rooms
John M. Olin Library
Open Study Areas
Study seating in all open areas on all levels of Olin Library – including university study cubbies on Level 1 (in the southwest quadrant of the Library) – is available in the Library on a first-come, first-served basis during Olin Library’s open hours.
Morrow Group Study Room 217
Morrow Group Study Room 217 on Level 2 (along the west wall of the Library) will be available for use during Olin Library’s open hours on a first-come, first-served basis. Room 217 is not currently available for reservations; please help us optimize availability by limiting usage to the time you need and choosing other library spaces when you need quiet, individual study. More than one group can use Room 217 at a time as space allows.
Instruction Room 3
Instruction Room 3 on Level A (along the east wall of the Library) will be accessible to anyone with a valid WashU ID during Olin Library’s open hours. The room is first-come, first-served for drop-in studying when not reserved by the Libraries. The Libraries reserve the right to ask others to leave when the room is scheduled/reserved.
Graduate Study Rooms
Graduate Study Room A30
Graduate Study Room A30 on Level A (along the west wall of the Library) is accessible to graduate students with a valid Washington University ID during Olin Library’s open hours. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Graduate Study Room B25
Graduate Study Room B25 on Level B (along the west wall of the Library) is accessible to graduate students with a valid Washington University ID during Olin Library’s open hours. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Graduate Study Carrels
Level A graduate study carrels are available on a first-come, first-served basis via check-out from the Help Desk on Level 1.
Additional Study Rooms
Seating in the additional study rooms on the following list is available to all users on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ginkgo Room 101 on Level 1 (along the east wall of the Library)
- Harris Reading Room 211 on Level 2 (along the south wall of the Library)
- Roffer Lerner Study Room 215 on Level 2 (in the southwest corner of the Library)
- The Sky Room 332 on Level 3 (inside the Newman Tower of Collections and Exploration)
Danforth Campus Distributed Libraries
Starting August 16, most other Danforth Campus libraries will have study seating available. See individual library location pages for respective hours and related details.
East Asian Library
The East Asian Library’s Group Study Room 211 is located next to the reading room and nearby the emergency exit door. It is for groups of three or more people, and it has a large table, a whiteboard, ten chairs, electrical outlets, and wireless internet access.
The Group Study Room 211 requires an online reservation. Groups need to reserve the Group Study Room via the Library Room Reservation system, at least one hour in advance. Please contact the East Asian Library at (314) 935-5525 or by email at WU_EastAsianLibremail@example.com if you need reservation assistance.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and may be scheduled up to three hours at a time. When the room is empty, it is available for walk-in use. However, reservations always take precedence over walk-ins. Walk-in individuals or groups are encouraged to make an instant reservation at the East Asian Library service desk.
Group Study Room policies:
- The primary purpose of the room is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups.
- The Group Study Room is not available for regularly scheduled classes.
- Individuals may reserve the room for a video conference.
- The open hours of the Group Study Room are according to the East Asian Library service hours.
Gaylord Music Library
The Gaylord Music Library’s Group Study Room is not available for use.
Kopolow Business Library
The Kopolow Business Library’s study rooms are available for reservations during all hours the library is open. The Business Library has nine group study rooms but only seven are available for online reservations. The other two rooms can be used on a first-come, first-served basis unless needed by faculty.
- Each room has six chairs and one table, access to power outlets, and a whiteboard for group work.
- Groups can reserve rooms for a duration of up to two hours. Users can reserve rooms up to 14 days in advance.
Instructions for Reserving Kopolow Business Library Study Rooms
Please ensure that your Office 365 account is set to Central Time Zone before reserving a Kopolow Business Library Study Room. Use the following instructions to reserve one of the seven available Kopolow Business Library Study Rooms:
- Login to Outlook on the Web (OWA) using your WUSTL Key;
- Select ‘Calendar’ either by clicking on the Apps button (3×3 squares) at the top-right of the toolbar or by selecting the calendar icon on the right;
- Double-click on the day and time that you want to book a room In the new event window that is displayed;
- Enter an event name/title;
- Select a duration (study room max is 2 hours);
- On the line reading “Search for a room or location,” select “Browse with Room Finder” and type “LIB Kopolow Business Library Rooms” in the Building field to discover the list of study rooms;
- A list of rooms that are available is displayed – select a desired room;
- Click “Save;”
- After a few seconds, check your email Inbox for a response from the room calendar.
- If you get a message accepting your event, then you have successfully booked the room! If you get a message rejecting your event, then you need to pick another time or room, and try again to book your room reservation.
For assistance, please contact the Kopolow Business Library staff via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (314) 935-6963.
Kranzberg Art & Architecture Library
Kranzberg Art & Architecture Library’s Rome Seminar and Graduate Study Rooms are not available for use.