University Libraries strive to develop policies that support our mission, help provide a consistent and equitable experience for our users and ensure the relevance and viability of our collections for generations to come.
Washington University Libraries Policies
University Libraries Usage Guidelines
University Libraries reserves the right to restrict the access of any person who abuses the following:
- Using resources for any purpose which violates federal or state laws
- Using resources for unauthorized commercial purposes
- Using resources in a manner that is disrespectful or intimidating to others
- Damaging materials, including pest infestation, furnishings, or any building structure
To provide a secure environment for all, library staff or security are authorized to:
- Request current photo identification of any person in the library
- Question any person if it appears that this Policy or Washington University policies are being disregarded, and to call for other assistance if necessary
- Limit or revoke library privileges at any time if policies are disregarded
Persons who violate this policy may also be subject to disciplinary or legal actions.
For information on Washington University policies not specific to University Libraries, please visit Washington University Policies.