The John M. Olin Library is the central library of the Washington University Libraries system, housing general-interest materials and collections in the humanities, sciences, and engineering.
You may search library collections in the Classic Catalog or Primo, and by exploring our Research Tools & Guides. Olin Library is also the location of many general services for the Washington University Libraries.
For the Spring 2021 semester, Olin Library will be open for appointment-based services, as well as limited access to the university’s Study Cubbies, printing, and scanning, for Washington University faculty, staff, and students only. Curbside pickup and numerous remote resources remain available. See below for more details.
- Access to printing services will be available in Whispers Café to persons with a valid WashU ID, and University Study Cubbies, additional printers, and the Bookeye scanner are also available.
- All Danforth Campus circulating physical materials are available via a curbside pickup-style service at Olin Library. See our Curbside Pickup page for full details.
- The Julian Edison Department of Special Collections will be open on a limited basis to researchers by appointment and will offer virtual instruction.
- Patrons can make an appointment to utilize the microfilm scanner in Olin Library to view film or fische borrowed on Interlibrary Loan or housed in Olin.
- Visit our Remote Resources and Guidance page for details about how to access our extensive remote services and additional digital content available during this time.
Collection Locations and Floor Plans
Find out more information on where materials are housed within Olin Library’s five floors.
Newman Exploration Center
The Newman Exploration Center offers a vibrant and dynamic space in the John M. Olin Library and showcases Washington University’s broad and varied international activities undertaken by our students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Located on the ground level of the Olin Library, Whispers Café offers an expanded coffee and tea program, more grab ‘n go options, and a great place to sit and chill.
Olin Library Amenities & Technology
Olin Library offers many welcoming spaces, technology-related services, as well as audio and visual materials for our users.
Olin Library Guidelines & Policies
Learn more about Olin Library building access and usage.
Data Services Spaces & Tools
Data Services and the Research Studio are located on Level A of Olin Library and support the data needs of Washington University.
|Departments in Olin||Phone|
|Data Services||(314) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Help Desk – Circulation||(314) email@example.com|
|Interlibrary Loan (ILL)||(314) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research & Liaison Services||(314) email@example.com|
|Special Collections||(314) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Directions to Olin Library
Curious about the scripts displayed on the Olin Library plaza? We’ve created a PDF guide about them.