- Rudolph Clay
- Job Title
- Head of Library Diversity Initiatives and Outreach; African & African-American Studies and Urban Studies Librarian
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-5059
African and African American Studies, Urban Studies
Rudolph serves as Head of Diversity Initiatives and Outreach Services for the Washington University Libraries. He works closely with faculty and other campus professionals to develop programs that extend library collections and services to traditionally underrepresented or marginalized populations. Internally, he assists with the continued development of a library culture that supports and celebrates diversity. Rudolph is the co-chair of the Library Diversity Committee and a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Forum for Faculty and Staff. He has a BA in psychology and an MA in human resources management (both from Washington University) and an MLIS from the University of Michigan. He completed the Association of College and Research Libraries/Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians.
Selected projects, activities, and accomplishments
- University Libraries’ Faculty Book Talk Series
- Summer internship program to promote and encourage diversity in academic librarianship
- Washington University staff discussions of the Common Reading Program’s annual book selection
- Collaborates with the Office of Undergraduate Research to connect students pursuing independent faculty-mentored research with resources and assists students as they showcase their research in John M. Olin Library.
- Coordinates University College student orientation