University Libraries’ Strategic Plan was developed in 2018-19 through input from hundreds of faculty, student, and community stakeholders. See below for the 6 Strategic Directions, 18 Goals, and 32 Objectives that we’ve identified as forming our roadmap to 2024.
Our plan launched in July 2019, and we look forward to keeping stakeholders updated with our progress going forward.
We are a welcoming hub that inspires discovery and collaboration to foster creative success and intellectual freedom. We emphasize inclusiveness and accessibility in all our programs, services, and initiatives.
We serve as a trusted partner, providing specialized expertise throughout the scholar’s journey. We maintain critical relationships with our stakeholders to develop competencies and services in the Libraries in anticipation of changing and evolving needs.
We strive to innovate and adapt to facilitate creative approaches to produce successful academic outcomes. We remove barriers to resources essential to scholarly pursuits.
- Collections: Cultivate comprehensive and distinctive collections that propel world-class research and scholarship
- Environments: Offer dynamic spaces and services that accommodate diverse academic needs
- Discovery: Deliver intuitive tools for seamless discovery, access, and connection to information resources
- Visibility: Increase awareness of library collections, services, and programs that are integral to research, teaching, and learning
- Partnerships: Advance collaborations and alliances that contribute to successful academic outcomes
- Innovation: Build sufficient organizational capacity to anticipate and support evolving modes of teaching, research, and scholarship dissemination