This page contains all relevant information related to Washington University Libraries’ current operations and response to the COVID-19 outbreak including updates to operations, access to remote services, and other helpful links.
Unless otherwise noted, the changes listed below are in effect from March 12 through April 30, 2020. We will continue to update these details as necessary.
Last updated March 26, 2020, at 1:00 pm
- Updated Libraries Operations Due to COVID-19 – March 17, 2020
- Announcement from Washington University Libraries Regarding COVID-19 – March 12, 2020
- All Danforth campus Libraries are now closed to the public through at least Wednesday, April 22. Please check back here for additional updates and details as this situation develops. Library Hours Details
- See the website for the Bernard Becker Medical Library for the latest hours and operations information.
Remote Services Resources and Guidance
- Visit our Remote Resources and Guidance page for details about how to access services and resources during this time
Materials and Circulation Updates
- Book drops: Book drops on the Danforth Campus have all been closed.
- Returns & fines: We will be suspending fines and extending loan return dates through May 4.
- Interlibrary loan: Physical books and media can not be borrowed through MOBIUS or ILL at this time. You can request book chapters and articles through Interlibrary Loan. We are only able to supply PDFs from the Libraries’ electronic collections. We cannot scan from print materials. We may be able to obtain PDFs from other libraries, but the scans will be slow to arrive and have a higher rate of cancellation. ILL is only available to current WashU students, faculty, and staff. Also please note that Becker Medical Library and the Law Library operate separate ILL services.
- Technology loans: Technology lending is suspended through the end of the spring semester
- Campus box delivery: This service has been suspended
- Returning books by mail: If you will not be returning to campus and would like to ship books and materials back to the Libraries, please send to:
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1061
Atten: Olin Library Circulation
St. Louis, MO 63130
Events and Awards Canceled
- All events planned to take place through April 30 have been canceled. We will share details about rescheduled events once we have confirmed those plans.
- The 2020 Newman Exploration Travel Fund has been canceled.
- NOTE: The 2020 Carl Neureuther Student Book Collection Essay Competition is ON HOLD.
The Washington University Libraries have created a resource guide to help you find information you can trust about the virus, how it spreads, and how to protect yourself. As we prepare for its spread across the United States, we want to be sure our campus is informed and ready to deal with the effects of the virus. Read more
Additional Updates and Resources from Washington University
For the latest details on Washington University policies and details, visit Washington University’s COVID-19 information.