Announcement from Washington University Libraries Regarding COVID-19
Dear Washington University Libraries users and community members,
The Washington University Libraries are working with our campus partners to take appropriate precautions and make changes to our regular operations to protect faculty, staff, and students in response to COVID-19. The safety and well-being of the University Libraries’ patrons and staff remain our highest priorities.
Due to the changes announced by Washington University on March 11, 2020, to move to remote instruction through the spring semester, the University Libraries will be changing our operating hours and access as follows:
- Danforth Campus locations, including John M. Olin Library, will be open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, via swipe access with a valid, current Washington University ID only | Library Hours Details
- The Law Library will be open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, and will only be accessible to School of Law faculty, staff, and students via swipe access
- The Brown School Library will be open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with services and print resources available to WashU faculty, staff, and students by appointment only
- See the website for the Bernard Becker Medical Library for the latest details about their hours and operations
- The Julian Edison Department of Special Collections in Olin Library remains open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, to Washington University faculty, staff, and students only
We will continue to support the Washington University community and its research and instruction needs. We are encouraging our users (especially those who can’t physically access the Libraries) to utilize remote services to access digital materials. We have created a dedicated page that assists users with remote access to Libraries resources. Our staff are available via chat and other means to help ensure that our community is able to find and access the resources and services that they need.
In addition, we will be suspending fines and extending loan return dates through the end of the spring semester. Campus box delivery will not be available.
All University Libraries events scheduled through April 30 have been canceled, and the Declaration of Independence exhibit in Olin Library will be closed during that time. We will share details for rescheduled events as they are confirmed.
We encourage all staff and users to follow the guidelines on Washington University’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) information page and to take the precaution of frequent handwashing, especially when visiting the Libraries and using public resources like computer workstations.
We will continue to update the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources page on our site and our social media channels, as changes arise. Thank you for your flexibility, patience, and cooperation as we work to support our community during this time.
Vice Provost and University Librarian