Most locations of Washington University Libraries will observe a winter closure from December 26-28 that will be in addition to the designated university year-end holidays. The following locations of Washington University Libraries will be inaccessible to patrons from Friday, December 22 through Monday, January 1:
- John M. Olin Library
- Kranzberg Art & Architecture Library
- East Asian Library
- Gaylord Music Library
- Kopolow Business Library
Regular winter break hours and operations at the University Libraries will resume on Tuesday, January 2. Details and hours for all libraries can be viewed on the Library Hours page.
All remote resources including 24/7 chat will remain available throughout winter break. Faculty and students are encouraged to reach out to their subject librarians with questions or if they anticipate any issues or needs during this time.
For queries related to special collections, please reach out via email to email@example.com. For data-related inquiries, please contact the Data Services staff.
- Campus Delivery will be suspended on December 20 and resume on January 3
- All patron requests for Olin and West Campus libraries (holds, Campus Delivery, MOBIUS, ILL, Course Reserves) will be suspended on December 21 and queued for processing on January 2
- Materials on the Olin hold shelf that would have expired during the closure will be extended to January 5
- Starting December 21, items left in return bins at Olin and West Campus Libraries, Throop Drive, and South 40 will not be discharged until January 2