Washington University history
Sonya is the University Archivist at Washington University. She has been at the university for 18years and has worked in archives for more than 20 years. Sonya holds a BA in history, an MA in history with a concentration in museum studies, and is a certified archivist. She enjoys working with University Archives donors, giving presentations to classes, and helping researchers.
Selected Projects, Activities, and Accomplishments:
- 2021 presentation: “Explore Faculty Papers with the University Archivist”
- “What is an Archive?” video
- “Washington People: Sonya Rooney” feature in The Source
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of the greatest value to the Washington University community.