Humanities Data Curator/Data Services Librarian
Sarah is the Digital Humanities librarian and Data Curator for deposits into WashU Research Data. Before working in Data Services, Sarah joined the Libraries in 2021 as the Repository Manager responsible for Open Scholarship, the institutional repository. Sarah also worked as the Librarian for Digital Media and Publishing at Vanderbilt University Libraries.
Prior to her library career, Sarah was a lawyer for 15 years. She holds a B.A. from Middlebury College, a J.D. and L.L.M. from Duke University, and M.S. in Information with a concentration in digital humanities from the University of Michigan School of Information.
Selected Projects, Activities, Accomplishments
- Member, Data Curation Network
- Provides consultation on digital humanities projects, including support for the Humanities Data Workshop
- Provides class instruction and workshops on various digital humanities tools, such as StoryMaps, text mining, and digital collections.
- Digital Humanities
- Text Mining
- Digital Exhibitions
- Project Management & Sustainability
- Data Management & Curation