- Rina Vecchiola
- Job Title
- Head of Distributed and Departmental Libraries; Art & Architecture Librarian
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-7658
- Make Appointment
- Make an Appointment
Rina Vecchiola has worked for the University Libraries since 2005. In 2018, she was selected to assume responsibilities as Head of Distributed and Departmental Libraries. Previous to her time at Washington University, Rina was the Research Librarian for Art History and Studio Art at the University of California, Irvine Libraries, with additional liaison responsibilities for film studies and Spanish and Portuguese languages and literature. Rina also directed the Santa Barbara Museum of Art’s library, archives and slide library, and managed the Art Department’s slide library at Santa Barbara City College.
Rina earned a BA in art history and international relations from the University of California–Davis, an MLIS from the University of California–Los Angeles, and an MA in the history of art and architecture from the University of California–Santa Barbara.
Selected Projects, Activities, and Accomplishments
- Common Reading Program discussion leader
- Art Libraries Society of North America: current year-long mentoring program mentor, past executive board member, past conference program co-chair, past study tour leader
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Uncover options to address data challenges, including data analysis, visualization, and management.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of greatest value to the Washington University community.