Data and GIS Developer
Mollie has been a GIS Programmer with the Data Services team at the Washington University Libraries since 2015. Prior to joining Washington University, she was a GIS Analyst at an environmental engineering firm. Mollie earned an MA in geography from Hunter College-City University of New York and a BS in Business Administration from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. In addition to her role as GIS Programmer, Mollie is an instructor in University College, where she teaches courses associated with the GIS certificate.
Selected Projects, Activities, Accomplishments
- Presented a variety of workshops on GIS and programming topics, including the Washington University Libraries’ Research Workshop series, Geography Awareness Week, and Love Data Week.
- Provided support and maintenance for the Washington University Campus Map and other web maps for various campus units and departments.
- Supported faculty projects, including Mapping LGBTQ St. Louis and Racial Violence Archive.
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Uncover options to address data challenges, including data analysis, visualization, and management.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of greatest value to the Washington University community.