- Joel Minor
- Job Title
- Curator of Modern Lit Collection/Manuscripts
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-5413
Modern Literary Books and Manuscripts
Joel has been the curator of the Modern Literature Collection and manuscripts at the Washington University Libraries since 2012. He previously was an archivist at the Southwestern Writers Collection at Texas State University and at Oglala Lakota College on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. He holds an MLIS degree from the University of Texas-Austin.
Selected Projects, Activities, and Accomplishments
- Contributed to scholarship on James Merrill, William Gass, Samuel Beckett, May Swenson, Eugene O’Neill, and others, through conferences, exhibitions, digital humanities projects, presentations, and journal articles. Examples include the James Merrill Digital Archive: Materials for “The Book of Ephraim,” Connecting Contexts: The Modern Literature Collection and The Letters of Samuel Beckett, and “The Tunnel: A Survey of Published Excerpts.”
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of greatest value to the Washington University community.