- Cheryl Holland
- Job Title
- Education; Political Science; and Sociology Subject Librarian
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-6626
- Make Appointment
- Make an Appointment
Education, Political Science, Sociology
Cheryl started her career at Washington University more than 30 years ago in the Sam Fox Art and Architecture Library. The first preservation librarian at the Washington University Libraries, she has been responsible for numerous activities over the years, including publishing the University Libraries’ newsletter, coordinating and creating library exhibits, and managing the mentoring program. Cheryl holds a BA in art history from Wellesley College and an MLIS from the University of Michigan.
Selected projects, activities, and accomplishments
- Chair for the Diversity and Inclusion Forum for Faculty and Staff and the James E. McLeod Honors and Awards Program.
- A 2017 cohort of Washington University’s Professional Leadership Academy & Network.
- Developed a library initiative focused on textbook affordability for students.
- Presented at various conferences on topics such as library instruction, technology, librarianship, and underrepresented populations and textbook affordability.