The Conference Center is located next door to the Library on the lower level of the West Campus. The entrance is on the south end of the courtyard just east of the main building.
Cost Update Details
After at least 20 years of operation at the same rate, the University Libraries will increase the costs to rent West Campus Conference Center Rooms AB and C. The base cost for room rental will be $100.00 per event per day for Room AB, and $50.00 per event per day for Room C. The University Libraries will begin charging the new rates on April 1, 2020, and the new rates will be fully implemented by July 1, 2020.
The following chart is intended to help you understand the rates you will be charged, according to the date you make your reservation request and the date the event actually occurs.
|Reservation date||Event date||Cost|
|any time||on or before March 31, 2020||$25.00 per event per day|
|on or before March 31, 2020||before July 1, 2020||$25.00 per event per day|
|on or after March 2, 2020||on or after July 1, 2020||$100.00 per event per day for Room AB or $50.00 per event per day for Room C|
|on or after April 1, 2020||at any time||$100.00 per event per day for Room AB or $50.00 per event per day for Room C|
Before making a reservation, please review the policies and procedures below. Reserve a room.
Space Options and Policies
This is the larger of the two conference rooms, roughly 34′ x 56′. It is called A/B because in the original plans there was to be a movable partition that would separate the room into two smaller spaces–Room A and, believe it or not, Room B. Unfortunately, this was never realized due to budget concerns. However, the designation A/B was retained.
- Capacity of 150 theater style (chairs only) or 60 classroom style (tables with chairs)
- Video projection: DVD/Blu-ray or computer (PC) input Public address system PC and overhead projectors
- Guest Wifi & Phone jack
This is the smaller of the two conference rooms, roughly 30′ x 40′. It does not have all the A/V features of Room A/B, but it serves smaller groups quite well.
- Capacity of 50 with chairs only, or 25 with tables and chairs
- Computer projection (PC input)
- Guest Wifi & Phone jack
- The Conference Center is available only for Washington University events.
- Use of any University facilities for political activities must meet with University guidelines for approval.
Rent and costs associated with Room Reservations:
- The cost for room rental is $25 for members of the Washington University community. Costs are per event per day. Groups will be billed to their Washington University department number.
- Use of the kitchenette which includes brew-your-own coffee service, costs $5 per 10-cup pot.
- If any food or drink is served, the user must arrange and pay for cleaning services. Please contact WFF Facility Services at 314 935-9314 or email@example.com to request services.
Food and Drink in the Rooms:
- Food and drink is allowed in the Conference Center, either catered or provided by your organization. Catering is the responsibility of the user. However, there will be a fee charged for cleanup in either case. Please see Costs, above, for additional information.
- If alcohol is served, then the Washington University Alcohol Policy must be followed. Consult Guidelines for Events for more information on the University’s alcohol policy.
When should Rooms be scheduled:
- The Conference Center is quite popular, so reserve a date early – a month ahead of time is strongly recommended.
- The West Campus Library is generally open 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. Library staff members are available to assist you with your questions, concerns or problems during those hours. There is no one on site to assist you after hours.
- If you are using the Conference Center outside of regular business hours, you will need to make arrangements to pick up keys to the room before your meeting.
Changes and Cancellations:
- All change requests and cancellations must be received in writing no less than 3 business days prior to the event date.
- To request a change or to cancel a reservation, reply to the emailed confirmation that was received upon booking.
- If you no longer have the original confirmation, please contact the West Campus Library (CFULIBWCConfCtr@email.wustl.edu) with the required information including date, time, room and name of person who originally booked the space.
Incidents and Accidents:
- The sponsoring group is liable for any damage to University property during the event.