The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study scholarship or research.”
If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
- The Music Librarian reserves the right to make decisions about what materials can be photocopied, photographed, microfilmed, digitized, or otherwise duplicated based on the condition of materials, access restrictions, and copyright restrictions.
- Patrons desiring to duplicate materials from Special Collections must complete and return this Request for Reproduction of Special Collections Materials form
- In certain cases, written permission of the copyright holder may be required before the department will authorize reproduction.
- Permission to conduct research with reproductions of Gaylord Music Library’s materials entails an obligation that a scholar complete and return a Notification of Intent to Quote from or Publish Materials form before quoting from or publishing Special Collections materials. Publish means quotation in whole or in part in seminar or term papers, theses or dissertations, journal articles, monographs, books, digital forms, photographs, images, dramatic presentations, transcriptions, or any other form prepared for a limited or general public.
Type of duplication:
__ pick up at Special Collections
__ paper copies (10 cents an image)
__ U.S. Mail
__ 35mm color slides ($5.00 an image)**
__ Express Mail
__ 4×5 b&w neg., continuous tone ($15.00 an image)**
__ digital image ($15.00 an image)**
* Delivery will be charged at cost.
** Publishable images may require written permission of the copyright holder.
I agree to abide by all the rules and directives given above and pay all fees assessed.
Signature _________________________________________ Date:__________
Location — Call # — Pages/Images — Special instructions