Instruction for a library staff member
- Turn on LIB-EA5 computer.
- Click on start and go to setting, click control panel.
- Click regional options.
- At the “General” tag in the box, click “set default” and choose “Japanese”.
- Click “OK” twice. 6. Restart the computer
Brief instruction for a library user (for a more detailed manual, please read the section of “インストール・操作マニュアル” at the back of “太陽総目次” (Call # : AP95.J2 T212 Index – Location : EA reference))
- Click on start and go to program, click “CD-ROM版太陽”
- Select methods to search an article in the section “起動オプション” -巻号を選択して参照する If you know actual volume, issue and page number of the article you want to read, you will use this search method. -データベースを検索する If you want to browse/search for articles on a particular subject, you will use this option. There are two main search methods. The one is search by title and names. Other gives more search options such as category, special edition and author of an article, etc. -表紙・目次・奥付のみを見る When you want to browse the cover, contents and/on colophon of Taiyo journal, you will use this function. -閉じる Click on this button in order to close the box.
- When you find an article, you will insert the Taiyo CD volume as instructed. For example, if the search index instructs“太陽 Vol.6” CD-ROMを挿入してください”, you will insert the CD which is labeled No. 6 at the top-right.
- In order to print the article, click ファイル and 印刷. The article should be printed in landscape orientation. In order to change the orientation, click プリンタの設定and change the orientation from portrait to landscape. Click “OK” and click “印刷”.
Based on the license agreement with Yagi Shoten, the Taiyo CD-ROM set is available for document delivery to patrons of Washington University and five other universities (University of Missouri, University of Kansas, University of Illinois, University of Iowa and University of Texas) free of charge. Upon libraries’ requests for an article through our document delivery system, the Washington University Library can search for and send the article to the requesting library via fax, email (as an attachment) and standard mail. Besides the conventional ILL system, the request for article from Taiyo can be directly processed at the East Asian Library by submitting requests via email. For direct requests, please download a request form ([Word], [PDF]) and email the completed form to email@example.com. (The PDF form is editable, but requires the Adobe Reader).
Faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students with valid library card from Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Kansas, the University of Illinois, the University of Iowa and the University of Texas are eligible for the service.
Source of Information
Taiyo Somokuji (OCLC# 45599155) is a printed index for the Taiyo. In addition, one of the CDs from the Taiyo set is the index of Taiyo and can be purchased separately for 4800 yen. Individual libraries may obtain Taiyo Somokuji or the index CD in order to search citations of specific title, author, year and page number.
Document Delivery requests can be submitted through the Washington University ILL system, or you may directly contact the Washington University East Asian Library. For direct requests, please download a request form ([Word], [PDF]) and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.(The PDF form is editable, but requires the Adobe Reader).
DVDs, CDs, & Microforms at the East Asian Library (under DVDs and CD-ROMs/Taiyo CD-ROM)
If you have any questions regarding this document delivery, please contact: email@example.com