- Understanding the Role of Business Analytics: Some Applications This book encompasses empirical evidences to understand the application of data analytical techniques in emerging contexts. The book includes studies relating to manufacturing and the services sector with stress upon the systematic approach followed in applying data analytical techniques; and analyzes how these techniques are effective in decision-making in different contexts. The applications of regression modeling, financial modeling, multi-group modeling, cluster analysis, and sentiment analysis will help the reader in understanding critical business scenarios to arrive at the best solution for business related problems. Individual chapters will help readers in understanding the role of specific data analytic tools and techniques in resolving business operational issues experienced in manufacturing and service organizations in India and in developing countries. The book offers a relevant resource in the application and interpretation of data analytical statistical practices relating to emerging issues like customer experience, marketing capability, quality of manufactured products, strategic orientation, high-performance human resource policy, employee resilience, financial resources, etc. This book will be of interest to a professional audience that includes practitioners, policy makers, non-governmental organizations, managers and employees as well as academicians, researchers and students.
Economics and Strategy
- Business Economics Business Economics brings together three authors with extensive experience in teaching both business and economics students. The text provides a clear and easy-to-read guide to the practical uses of economics in a business environment. The third edition covers the global and gig economies, Brexit, international trade theories and the latest developments in business economics.
- The Challenges of Corporate Entrepreneurship in the Disruptive Age The new disruptive age in technology has presented a strategic game changer for most organizations. The severe modifications in complete industries and unpredictable market conditions have created significant challenges for simple organizational survival, let alone providing an avenue for growth, innovation, and new ventures. These conditions have fostered a greater need for corporate innovative activities and a better understanding of the corporate entrepreneurial process within such an environment. This volume focuses on the greatest challenges that exist in Corporate Entrepreneurship in this disruptive age, and explores the complications posed by the dynamic environment that all organizations of today are forced to confront. It addresses the need for a better understanding of the role of external socio-cultural, economic and market conditions upon the managerial and leadership decisions and actions in pursuit of Corporate Entrepreneurship strategies.
- Handbook of Research on Entrepreneurial Leadership and Competitive Strategy in Family Business This book examines business strategies applied to family business that will boost efficiency, competitiveness, and optimal use of resource allocation in companies competing internationally. This reference book is an IGI Global Core Reference for 2019 as it provides trending research on family businesses. With the recent boom in entrepreneurship and the maker market, this publication will provide the timely research outlining how family businesses can enhance their business practices to ensure sustainability. The Handbook of Research on Entrepreneurial Leadership and Competitive Strategy in Family Business is a collection of innovative research on business and leadership strategies that can
be applied to family firms in order to boost efficiency, competitiveness, and optimal use of resource allocation to compete internationally. While highlighting topics including global leadership, knowledge creation, and market performance, this book is designed for business managers, management professionals, executives, researchers, academicians, and students seeking current research on the entrepreneurship role of family businesses in the modern economic age.
- Knowledge-based Social Entrepreneurship: Understanding Knowledge Economy, Innovation, and the Future of Social Entrepreneurship Social entrepreneurship is on the rise and social enterprises are solving some of the most critical and enduring social problems by using innovative, pragmatic and sustainable business models. Access to knowledge and rapid expansion of the knowledge economy are opening new opportunities for social ventures. With knowledge-based social entrepreneurship where knowledge is the primary resource, more pressing social problems can be addressed by using advanced technologies. This book investigates this emerging concept, possibilities that it holds, its place in today’s economy, and links bridges between knowledge, innovation, and social entrepreneurship. Academics, entrepreneurs, students, and non-governmental organizations will find the theoretical and practical information presented in this book extremely valuable.
- Fintech in a Flash: Financial Technology Made Easy The financial services technology industry is booming and promises to change the way we manage our money online, disrupting the current landscape of the industry. Understanding fintech’s many facets is the key to navigating the complex nuances of this global industry. Fintech in a Flash is a comprehensive guide to the future of banking and insurance. It discusses an array of hot topics such as online payments, crowdfunding, challenger banks, online insurance, digital lending, big data, and digital commerce. The author provides easy to understand explanations of the 14 main areas of fintech and their future, and insight into the main fintech hubs in the world and the so-called unicorns, fintech firms that have made it past a $1 billion valuation. He breaks down the key concepts of fintech in a way that will help you understand every aspect so that you can take advantage of new technologies. This detailed guide is a go-to source for everything you need to navigate the ever-changing scene of this booming industry.
- On Values in Finance and Ethics: Forgotten Trails and Promising Pathways This book uses the building blocks of modern capital market theory, including behavioral finance, as the point of departure for an analysis of hidden ethical content in the contemporary research into capital markets. It illustrates the significant degree of alienation between the financial and the real side of economies, stemming from the long-standing struggle between ethics and economics. Furthermore, it provides a roadmap of modern value thinking, highlighting the crucial role of stakeholders and non-governmental organizations.
Operations and Supply Chain
- Logistics, Supply Chain and Financial Predicative Analytics: Theory and Practices This book addresses a broad range of problems commonly encountered in the fields of financial analysis, logistics and supply chain management, such as the use of big data analytics in the banking sector. Divided into twenty chapters, some of the contemporary topics discussed in the book are co-operative/non-cooperative supply chain models for imperfect quality items with trade-credit financing; a non-dominated sorting water cycle algorithm for the cardinality constrained portfolio problem; and determining initial, basic and feasible solutions for transportation problems by means of the “supply demand reparation method” and “continuous allocation method.” In addition, the book delves into a comparison study on exponential smoothing and the Arima model for fuel prices; optimal policy for Weibull distributed deteriorating items varying with ramp type demand rate and shortages; an inventory model with shortages and deterioration for three different demand rates; outlier labeling methods for medical data; a garbage disposal plant as a validated model of a fault-tolerant system; and the design of a “least cost ration formulation application for cattle”; a preservation technology model for deteriorating items with advertisement dependent demand and trade credit; a time series model for stock price forecasting in India; and asset pricing using capital market curves. The book offers a valuable asset for all researchers and industry practitioners working in these areas, giving them a feel for the latest developments and encouraging them to pursue further research in this direction.
- Revisiting Supply Chain Risk This book offers a bridge between our current understanding of supply chain risk in practice and theory, and the monumental shifts caused by the emergence of the fourth industrial revolution. It is divided into six sections that highlight established themes, as well as provides new insights to developing areas of inquiry and contexts on the topic. Supply chain risk and its management have experienced significant attention in scholarship and practice over the past twenty years. Our understanding of supply chain risk and its many facets, such as uncertainty and vulnerability, has expanded beyond utilizing approaches such as deploying inventory to buffer the initial effects of disruptions. Even with our increased knowledge of supply chain risk, being in the era of lean supply chain practices, digitally managed global supply chains, and closely interconnected networks, firms are exposed as ever to supply chain uncertainties that can damage, or even destroy, their ability to compete in the marketplace. The book acknowledges the criticality of big data analytics in Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) processes and provides appropriate tools and approaches for creating robust SCRM processes. Revisiting Supply Chain Risk presents a state-of-the-art look at SCRM through current research and philosophical thought.
Organization and Strategic Management
- Governance Networks in Public Administration and Public Policy What do public administrators and policy analysts have in common? Their work is undertaken within networks formed when different organizations align to accomplish a policy function. This second edition of Governance Networks in Public Administration and Public Policy offers a conceptual framework for describing governance networks and provides a theoretical and empirical foundation in their construction. Based on research and real-life experience, the book highlights the interplay between public actors and policy tools, details the skills and functions of public administrators in the context of networked relationships, and identifies the reforms and trends in governing that lead to governance networks. This practical text makes complex concepts accessible, so that readers can engage in them, apply them, and deepen their understanding of the dynamics unfolding around them. This second edition includes a dedicated chapter on complexity friendly, meso-level theories to examine core questions facing governance network analysis. New applications drawn from the authors own work in watershed governance, transportation planning, food systems development, electric energy distribution, the regulation of energy, response and recovery from natural disasters, as well as from unique computational modeling of governance networks. Instructor and student support materials, including PowerPoint presentations and writable case study templates are available on an accompanying eResource page. Governance Networks in Public Administration and Public Policy, second edition is an indispensable core text for graduate and postgraduate courses on governance and collaboration in schools of Public Administration/Management and Public Policy.
- Loonshots: How to Nurture Crazy Ideas that Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries In Loonshots , physicist and entrepreneur Safi Bahcall reveals a surprising new way of thinking about the mysteries of group behavior that challenges everything we thought we knew about nurturing radical breakthroughs. Drawing on the science of phase transitions, Bahcall shows why teams, companies, or any group with a mission will suddenly change from embracing wild new ideas to rigidly rejecting them, just as flowing water will suddenly change into brittle ice. Loonshots identifies the small shifts in structure that control this transition, the same way that temperature controls the change from water to ice. Using examples that range from the spread of fires in forests to the hunt for terrorists online, and stories of thieves and geniuses and kings, Bahcall shows how this new kind of science helps us understand the behavior of companies and the fate of empires. Loonshots distills these insights into lessons for creatives, entrepreneurs, and visionaries. Over the past decade, researchers have been applying the tools and techniques of phase transitions to understand how birds flock, fish swim, brains work, people vote, criminals behave, ideas spread, diseases erupt, and ecosystems collapse. If twentieth-century science was shaped by the search for fundamental laws, like quantum mechanics and gravity, the twenty-first will be shaped by this new kind of science. Loonshots is the first to apply these tools to help all of us unlock our potential to create and nurture the crazy ideas that change the world.
- Rebel Talent: Why It Pays to Break the Rules at Work and in Life Award-winning Harvard Business School professor Francesca Gino shows us why the most successful among us break the rules, and how rebellion brings joy and meaning into our lives. Rebels have a bad reputation. We think of them as troublemakers, outcasts, contrarians: those colleagues, friends, and family members who complicate seemingly straightforward decisions, create chaos, and disagree when everyone else is in agreement. In truth, rebels are also those among us who change the world for the better with their unconventional outlooks. Instead of clinging to what is safe and familiar, and falling back on routines and tradition, rebels defy the status quo. They are masters of innovation and reinvention, and they have a lot to teach us. Francesca Gino, a behavioral scientist and professor at Harvard Business School, has spent more than a decade studying rebels at organizations around the world, from high-end boutiques in Italy’s fashion capital, to the World’s Best Restaurant, to a thriving fast food chain, to an award-winning computer animation studio. In her work, she has identified leaders and employees who exemplify “rebel talent,” and whose examples we can all learn to embrace. Gino argues that the future belongs to the rebel — and that there is a rebel in each of us. We live in turbulent times, when competition is fierce, reputations are tarnished on social media, and the world is more divided than ever before. In this cutthroat environment, cultivating rebel talent is what allows businesses to evolve and to prosper. Rebellion has an added benefit beyond the workplace: it leads to a more vital, engaged, and fulfilling life. Whether you want to inspire others to action, build a business or build more meaningful relationships, Rebel Talent will show you how to succeed — by breaking all the rules.
- Contemporary Consumer Culture Theory Contemporary consumer culture theory contains original research essays written by the premier thought leaders of the discipline from around the world that reflect the maturation of the field Customer Culture Theory over the last decade. The volume seeks to help break down the silos that have arisen in disciplines seeking to understand consumer culture, and speed both the diffusion of ideas and possibility of collaboration across frontiers.
- Accounting, Innovation and Inter-Organisational Relatiopnships Accounting, Innovation and Inter-Organisational Relationships gathers leading researchers from all around the world to argue for the importance of more systematic knowledge about accounting, innovation and inter-organisational relationships. Accounting, Innovation and Inter-Organisational Relationships thus becomes an important source for researchers and practitioners interested in accounting and inter-organisational relationships as well as the related disciplines of management, marketing, innovation and strategy
- Interventionist Management Accounting Research: Theory Contributions with Societal Impact This book builds on top of the methodological literature of interventionist management accounting research, as well as the published studies applying it. Through selected case studies, Interventionist Management Accounting Research shows how societal impact of MA research can be increased by not only applying IVR approach, but also looking into how MA is used in the borderlines between MA and other organizational functions. In many cases, MA research can provide tools and concepts helping to understand contemporary trends within the business environment, thereby naturally providing potential for increasing the societal impact of scholarly work.
- Routledge Companion to Critical Accounting Surveying the evolving field of Critical Accounting, including theory, ethics, history, development and sustainability, this Companion presents key debates in the field, providing a comprehensive overview. Incorporating interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting, the volume concludes by considering new directions in which critical accounting research may travel. With an international array of established and respected contributors, this Routledge Companion is a vital resource for students and researchers across the world.
- Women’s Leadership Journeys: Stories, Research, and Novel Perspectives This volume brings together research from leading scholars with stories from women leaders in diverse sectors to provide insights from their leadership journeys. The book begins with personal stories of women’s leadership journeys by chief executive officers, a former U.S. Ambassador, a college president, and others. The stories enable readers to make sense of their own leadership journeys by learning about the varied paths to leadership and taking note of key elements such as role transitions, defining moments, identity development, and growth mindsets.
- Cultural Entrepreneurship: A New Agenda for the Study of Entrepreneurial Processes and Possibilities This Element provides an overview of cultural entrepreneurship scholarship and seeks to lay the foundation for a broader and more integrative research agenda at the interface of organization theory and entrepreneurship. Its scholarly agenda includes a range of phenomena from the legitimation of new ventures, to the construction of novel or alternative organizational or collective identities, and, at even more macro levels, to the emergence of new entrepreneurial possibilities and market categories.
- Belt and Road Strategy in International Business and Administration This book examines the business aspects of the belt and road strategy. This strategy aims to connect countries along the routes in Asia, Europe, Africa, to strengthen the partnerships, and to construct a comprehensive and multilevel interconnected network to achieve pluralistic, independent, balanced, and sustainable development
- Utilizing Big Data Paradigms for Business Intelligence Utilizing Big Data Paradigms for Business Intelligence is a pivotal reference source that provides vital research on how to address the challenges of data extraction in business intelligence using the five ‘Vs’ of big data: velocity, volume, value, variety, and veracity. This book is ideally designed for business analysts, investors, corporate managers, entrepreneurs, and researchers in the fields of computer science, data science, and business intelligence.
- Handbook of Research on Business Models in Competitive Modern Scenarios This book explores how business models are conceptualized, studied, designed, implemented and, in the end, how they can be improved. It also discusses how business models contribute for strategic competition in this new era, of technological and social fast changes.
- Machine Learning Techniques for Improved Analytical tools and algorithms are essential in business data and information systems. Efficient economic and financial forecasting in machine learning techniques increases gains while reducing risks. Providing research on predictive models with high accuracy, stability, and ease of interpretation is important in improving data preparation, analysis, and implementation processes in business organizations. Machine Learning Techniques for Improved Business Analytics is a collection of innovative research on the methods and applications of artificial intelligence in strategic business decisions.
- Applying Business Intelligence Initiatives in Healthcare and Organizational Settings This book provides a collection of research papers and case studies that provide a road map to the best practices of the aforementioned collection of themes to improve business intelligence applications within organizational settings.
- Creating Business Value and Competitive Advantage with Social Entrepreneurship This scholarly resource examines the broad topic of social entrepreneurship by looking at relevant theoretical frameworks and fundamental terms. Focused on topics such as creating business value, promoting social entrepreneurship, and enacting programs of social change, it provides the latest research and practical solutions. For academicians, researchers, entrepreneurship practitioners, and individuals interested in learning more about social entrepreneurship.
- Business Transformations in the Era of Digitalization This book identifies the latest trends, business opportunities and challenges linked to digitalization, defines concepts in relation with business transformations caused by digitalization, and shares useful experiences and best practices to deal with the new technological changes.