The steps below outline how students can locate physical and electronic reserve materials.
Physical course reserves (i.e., books, print materials, DVDs) have a call number and are listed in the WU Libraries Catalog.
To find physical course reserves in the library catalog:
- Using the button below, search by the course number or instructor's name.
- The catalog will indicate which library is holding the materials for your course.
- Go to the appropriate library's checkout desk to request an item on reserve.
- Using the button below, login with your WUSTL Key.
- Courses you are enrolled in are displayed on the main menu.
- Click on the course to see reserve items that your instructor has made available.
If you have registered late or don't see a course on the main Ares menu, contact Olin Library Reserves staff (314-935-5451) for assistance.
Students are responsible for operating within fair use guidelines when using reserve materials. Refer to the STS Copyright Infringement Policy for more information.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17. United States Code) governs the reproduction and distribution of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to reproduce materials. One of these conditions is that the reproduction not be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." Any person who copies or re-distributes this material in any way inconsistent with Title 17 and its "fair use" provisions may be liable for copyright infringement.