What We Offer
- Research Data Management
- Data Curation
- Data Literacy
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
See below for additional details. For all services listed, we offer help desk support, research guides, resources, and standard workshops.
Customized offerings include tailored workshops, workflow development and review, and 1:1 consultations.
Visit our Data Services Spaces and Tools page for more details about the related tools mentioned below.
Please get in touch with our team to request services and for any questions or concerns.Contact Us
Finding, evaluating, using, and arguing with data.
- Providing guidance on data sources
- Navigating tools for understanding data
- Offering expertise in data evaluation
- Outlining best practices for making an argument with data
Research Data Management
Organization and storage of data throughout the research life cycle.
- Data management planning and review
- Storage and collaboration tools
- Workflows and tools
- Best practices
Research Guide: https://libguides.wustl.edu/datamanagement
Related Workshops: Data Management: Planning and Practice, Data Management with the OSF, Responsible Conduct of Research
Related Tools: R, Python, Excel, OpenRefine, SQL databases, DMPTool, Web Scraping with Python, Open Refine: Cleaning Messy data
Adhere to the FAIR principles: findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable.
- Data review, running, and transformation to open formats
- Documentation review and enhancements
- Providing persistent identifiers
- Creating a metadata record to make your data findable
- Developing an archival package
- Utilizing the Washington University Data Repository
Understand the structure, relationships, and patterns within your data.
- Guidance on appropriate tools for conducting analysis
- Consultation on workflows
- Guidance on collecting and preparing data to optimize analyses
- Solutions for data modeling
Research Guide: https://libguides.wustl.edu/data_analysis
Related Workshops: R vs. Python, R for New Users
Related Tools: R, Python, Tableau, Nvivo, AtlasTi
Bring your data to life with infographics or maps.
- Assisting with data capture and display (2D and 3D)
- Consult on preparing your data for visualization
- Enhancing the impact of your findings
- Discussing possible tools for visualization
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Analyze and visualize spatial data.
- Developing a spatial project workflow
- Identifying and creating spatial data
- Providing GIS instruction
- Informing about best practices for spatial data management
- Providing support for GIS software
Research Guide: https://libguides.wustl.edu/gis
Related Workshops: Introduction to GIS (ArcMap), Story Mapping, Introduction to QGIS, Spatial Data with Python, Extending the Map Series with ArcPy, Mapping in AGOL
Related Tools: ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, Story Maps, QGIS, ERDAS