The A/V Studio is reservable by Washington University students, faculty, and staff for audio and video recording activities directly related to research, learning, and instruction. The Studio is offered on a self-service basis and does not support post-production, equipment operation, and/or creative consulting services.
Please read all information below before using the link at the bottom of the page to the A/V Studio Reservation Request Form.
To find out more information about the A/V Studio, please contact us at CFULIBAVStudio@gowustl.onmicrosoft.com.
Reserving the Studio
- Reservable hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with a maximum reservation duration of 2 hours.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance using the Reservation Request Form. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, not including weekends, using the Reservation Request Form. For example, request a 10 am Monday reservation should be submitted no later than 10 am on the Friday prior.
- No food or drink is permitted in the space.
Using the Studio
- The Studio is kept locked at all times. Users will need to check out a key at the Help Desk. This can be done a few minutes before the reservation start time.
- This key will only be checked out to users with a reservation and valid WU ID. The key must be kept with the user and returned within 2 hours.
- Failure to return the key by the required time will result in a $50.00 fine.
- The reservation request form will prompt the user to specify equipment needs.
- After a reservation is placed, equipment will be set up for recording sessions in advance. Last-minute changes to equipment needs cannot be accommodated. If changes are required, a new reservation must be requested.
- Equipment must remain inside the Studio at all times and is not available for check-out.
- Operating manuals for the equipment are available in the space and must be reviewed prior to operation.
- Users must not engage in recording activity that falls outside the academic and professional pursuits of the University community.
- Users must abide by copyright and other applicable laws when using the Studio.
- Users of the Studio are solely responsible for the content they create.
- Users are responsible for the security of the space and its associated equipment.
- Users found to be in violation of any term stated in this policy may be banned from further use of the Studio.