The A/V Studio is reservable by Washington University students, faculty, and staff for audio and video recording activities directly related to research, learning, and instruction. The Studio is offered on a self-service basis and does not support post-production, equipment operation, and/or creative consulting services.
Please read all information below before using the link at the bottom of the page to the A/V Studio Reservation Request Form.
To find out more information about the A/V Studio, please contact us at CFULIBAVStudio@gowustl.onmicrosoft.com.
Reserving the Studio
- Reservable hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with a maximum reservation duration of 2 hours.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, not including weekends, using the Reservation Request Form. For example, request a 10 am Monday reservation should be submitted no later than 10 am on the Friday prior.
- No food or drink is permitted in the space.
Using the Studio
- The Studio is kept locked at all times. Users will need to check out a key at the Help Desk. This can be done a few minutes before the reservation start time.
- This key will only be checked out to users with a reservation and valid WU ID. The key must be kept with the user and returned within 2 hours.
- Failure to return the key by the required time will result in a $50.00 fine.
- The reservation request form will prompt the user to specify equipment needs.
- After a reservation is placed, equipment will be set up for recording sessions in advance. Last-minute changes to equipment needs cannot be accommodated. If changes are required, a new reservation must be requested.
- Equipment must remain inside the Studio at all times and is not available for check-out.
- Operating manuals for the equipment are available in the space and must be reviewed prior to operation.
- Users must not engage in recording activity that falls outside the academic and professional pursuits of the University community.
- Users must abide by copyright and other applicable laws when using the Studio.
- Users of the Studio are solely responsible for the content they create.
- Users are responsible for the security of the space and its associated equipment.
- Users found to be in violation of any term stated in this policy may be banned from further use of the Studio.