Due to the impact of COVID-19, this space is not currently available to reserve. When this space becomes available we will post instructions and a link to place new reservation requests.
Questions? Contact CFULIBAVStudio@gowustl.onmicrosoft.com.
The A/V Studio Pilot Program, located in John M. Olin Library Level A Room A05, offers a technology-enhanced space that creates an environment especially suited for audio and video recording and still camera work. The studio supports individual and group recordings.
The studio includes a variety of technology such as:
- Video cameras
- Digital still cameras
- Backdrops including green screen for chroma keying
- A podcasting kit ensemble for recording 1-4 sources
The A/V Studio Pilot Program provides opportunities for Washington University faculty, students and staff to leverage recording technology for achieving learning and research goals, creating course-related content and other scholarly or instructional purposes.
Olin Library A/V Studio Usage Policy
The A/V Studio is reservable by Washington University students, faculty, and staff for audio and video recording activities directly related to research, learning, and instruction. The Studio is offered on a self-service basis and does not support post-production, equipment operation, and/or creative consulting services.
Reserving the Studio
- Reservable hours are Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm, with a maximum reservation duration of 2 hours.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, not including weekends, using the Reservation Request Form. For example, a request for a 10 am Monday reservation must be submitted no later than 10 am on the Friday prior.
- No food or drink is permitted in the space.
Using the Studio
- The Studio is kept locked at all times. Users will need to check out a key at the Help Desk. This can be done a few minutes before the reservation start time.
- This key will only be checked out to users with a reservation and valid WU ID. The key must be kept with the user and returned within 2 hours.
- Failure to return the key by the required time will result in a $50.00 fine.
- The reservation request form will prompt the user to specify equipment needs.
- After a reservation is placed, equipment will be set up for recording sessions in advance. Last-minute changes to equipment needs cannot be accommodated. If changes are required, a new reservation must be requested.
- Equipment must remain inside the Studio at all times and is not available for check-out.
- Operating manuals for the equipment are available in the space and must be reviewed prior to operation.
- Users must not engage in recording activity that falls outside the academic and professional pursuits of the University community.
- Users must abide by copyright and other applicable laws when using the Studio.
- Users of the Studio are solely responsible for the content they create.
- Users are responsible for the security of the space and its associated equipment.
- Users found to be in violation of any term stated in this policy may be banned from further use of the Studio.
We welcome feedback from past users. Thank you!