Usage Policies for Olin Library Instruction Rooms 1, 2, and 3
- Instruction Rooms are reservable only by library staff for library programmatic and sponsored activities, and by The Writing Center as an Olin Library building partner.
- Reservable hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- Examples of library programmatic and sponsored activities include:
- Washington University course-related library instruction sessions taught by or with a librarian or library staff member, such as Research and Liaison Services, Data Services, and Library Technology Services staff and student employees.
- Library and technology-based classes, workshops, and seminars.
- Library staff instruction, training, and development programs or workshops.
- Other college and university course-related instruction sessions focused on library resources and coordinated through the WU Libraries instructional programming.
- Library committee and group meetings that cannot be accommodated in library Meeting Rooms.
- Instruction rooms are not intended to accommodate university faculty, staff, and student uses that have no course-related or programmatic involvement of librarians or library staff. For example:
- Faculty requesting classrooms to teach their courses (with no request for library instruction services).
- Schools and academic departments requesting rooms for meetings and events that have no library connection or sponsorship.
- Student groups requesting space for meetings, study sessions, and other activities.
- All rooms will be kept locked at all times. Instruction Rooms 1 and 2 are accessible to Libraries staff only, via WU ID card swipe. Instruction Room 3 is accessible to anyone with a valid WU ID and is available for drop-in use and studying when not reserved. The Libraries reserve the right to ask anyone using the room to leave when the room is scheduled for a program.
- Instruction Room 1
- Furniture/capacity: 16 tables and chairs, reconfigurable by user. User/requester is responsible for setting up and re-setting furniture.
- A/V: Podium with PC, 2 wall-mounted screens for projection, sound system, laptops stored in secure cart that can be used as needed, multi-region/region-free Blu-Ray player
- Instruction Room 2 – Divisible into 2a (south half) and 2b (north half)
- When not divided, 26 seats (fixed tables, mobile chairs)
- 2a: 14 seats
- 2b: 12 seats
- A/V (per side): Podium with PC, projector and roll-down screen, sound system, fixed computers on tables, multi-region/region-free Blu-Ray player
- Instruction Room 3
- Furniture/capacity: 38 seats, all mobile, including 8 tables and two styles of chair, reconfigurable by user. User/requester is responsible for setting up and re-setting furniture.
- A/V: Podium with PC, wall-mounted screen for projection, sound system, multi-region/region-free Blu-Ray player
Instruction Room Support
To find out more information about Library Instruction Rooms, please contact Sarah Laaker at 314-935-5423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room support can be requested through the reservation system at the time of booking, or by emailing email@example.com.
To leave feedback about the instruction spaces, please use this form: http://wustl.libwizard.com/IRFeedback