This will now be a quarterly update. Look for announcements in January, April, July, and October.
New Publications in Open Scholarship
Below are just a few of the new additions since July:
- An Introduction to Set Theory and Topology by mathematics professor Ronald C. Freiwald. This is a new Open Educational Resource based on Professor Freiwald’s course notes.
- Rebuilding Industry-Commerce in Saint Louis and Urban Renewal Plan for the Kosciusko Urban Renewal Area. These are two additional St. Louis based government publications. The electronic versions can also be found through the library catalog.
- Data for two participants in the Digital Research Materials Curation pilot are now in Open Scholarship
- The most recent issues of the Washington University Undergraduate Research Digest and Washington University Senior Honors Thesis Abstracts, both published through the Office of Undergraduate Research are now online. Items in these collections are restricted to Washington University users (on and off-campus).
As part of the 2016-2017 SHARE Curation Associates program, I am working on a Curation Project – I’m examining the metadata across a number of Open Scholarship collections and looking at how the SHARE metadata / Digital Commons metadata / Dublin Core metadata / and our local metadata align. This will presumably lead to local adjustments and possibly contribute to recommendations for other Digital Commons repositories.
Digital Commons has updated its Dashboard, incorporating the traditional usage reports with additional visualizations and details. Any Open Scholarship administrator interested in learning more can contact me.
Quarterly Report, October 2016
– Total # of items: 15,574
– Total # of downloads: 2,250,431
Check out the Top 10 Downloads and 20 Most Recent Additions on the Open Scholarship home page Contact me in Scholarly Publishing with questions about the repository, ideas for new collections, or anything else repository related.