We are looking forward to welcoming students to the University Libraries this fall. Learn more about our fall expanded 2021 operations plans, and see below for our “top 10 reasons to love” the Libraries, featuring some key services and resources to support student success.
- Washington University in St. Louis has 12 Libraries, all with unique features, spaces, and resources to explore. Ten are on the Danforth Campus.
- Subject librarians are your personal advocates for library services, and can provide one-on-one research consultations to assist you in finding the resources you need. Access our 24/7 chat so that you can get help whenever you need it.
- Borrow materials from libraries anywhere in the world. Request books and articles from other libraries through one of the multiple options in our interlibrary loan system.
- The Julian Edison Department of Special Collections provides access to rare and unique primary source materials. Our collecting areas include the Film & Media Archive, Manuscripts, D.B. Dowd Modern Graphic History Library, Rare Books, University Archives, and Local History. A number of the libraries across campus also house unique collections in music, art and architecture, East Asian studies, and more.
- Access hundreds of library databases of scholarly articles and journals anytime and anywhere. Login to the proxy server to connect with scholarly electronic resources from off campus.
- Consult with our Data Services team for guidance in finding, evaluating, analyzing, or managing data, and visually communicating through graphics or maps.
- University Libraries offer a diverse lineup of special events and exhibitions throughout the year, including book talks, poetry readings, lectures, film screenings, workshops, symposia, and study breaks.
- The Libraries offers awards and competitions for students to celebrate research projects, encourage personal libraries, and support travel.
- Take advantage of our unique study areas such as the Newman Exploration Center, Risa’s Landing, and the Sky Room in Olin Library. Our Danforth Campus library spaces provide additional opportunities for both quiet and group work—explore them all!
- Take a break from class-related reading with a book from our Pop Lit section. Located on Level 1 of Olin, Pop Lit includes mysteries, thrillers, sci-fi and fantasy titles, romance novels, and more.
Additional amenities available at John M. Olin Library:
- a variety of seating, study, and instruction spaces
- coffee and refreshments at Whispers Café
- public printers and computers
- self-checkout stations
- robust WiFi and plenty of power outlets
- special and permanent exhibitions on view
Need help finding textbooks? We are here for you!
Check out our research guide focused on finding affordable textbooks for more details.