Wikipedia is one of the most visited websites in the world, and often the first stop for researchers. We all use Wikipedia to look up information, so why not help make it better?
From January 15 to February 3, Wikipedia is asking users (and particularly librarians) to add one reference to Wikipedia through their #1Lib1Ref campaign. You can help make Wikipedia a more reliable reference source and contribute to the “sum of all human knowledge.” More information is available here.
How to Participate: Five Basic Steps
- Find an article that needs a citation. There are many ways to do this. Here are some strategies.
- Find a reliable source that can support that article
- Add a citation using Wikipedia Style. Click here to learn about adding citations and editing Wikipedia
- Add the project hashtag #1Lib1Ref in the Wikipedia Edit Summary
- Share your edit on social media and learn more about libraries and Wikipedia. Grab a userbox for your user page if you’re into that sort of thing.