3:00–3:45 p.m.: Panel Discussion in Rm. 142, Olin Library
3:45–4:30 p.m.: Poster Session and Reception in the Newman Exploration Center
Washington University Libraries awarded the inaugural Newman Exploration Travel Fund (NEXT) scholarships and grants in May 2018. The awards are made possible through a generous donation from the Eric P. and Evelyn E. Newman Foundation. NEXT recipients use the awards to fund research, personal development, or service projects with a travel component. Winners must complete their travels within nine months of receiving their awards and share their experiences with their peers upon their return.
On Thursday, April 25, from 3:00–4:30 p.m., in John M. Olin Library, five of the 2018 winners will talk about their travels during a panel discussion and poster session. Roumy Theunissen, Director of Global Conversations in the Office of Public Affairs, will serve as moderator.
NEXT 2018 Participants
- Gabriela Hall, Undergraduate Student, McElvey School of Engineering
- James Lucas, PhD Candidate in Ecology, Arts & Sciences
- Laurie Maffly-Kipp, Archer Alexander Distinguished Professor in the John C. Danforth Center on Religion & Politics
- Thomas Malkowicz, Video Producer in Public Affairs
- January Stanton, Administrative Assistant for African & African American Studies, Arts & Sciences