- Skye Lacerte
- Job Title
- Curator of Modern Graphic History Library
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-7741
Modern Graphic History
Skye is an archivist and curator who has served as Curator of the D.B. Dowd Modern Graphic History Library (DMGHL) since 2008. She works with original materials by some of the 19th and 20th century’s best-known illustrators and graphic artists and has consistently increased archival holdings, growing the library from six collections to over 60. Skye has also led numerous projects to increase the visibility and accessibility of the DMGHL’s collections, including the digitization of the Walt Reed Illustration Archive. She studied art history at the University of California, Irvine, and earned an MLIS degree from San José State University.
Selected Projects, Activities, Accomplishments
- Professor and Practicum Advisor, Sam Fox School MFA in Illustration and Visual Culture, launched in 2019.
- Council on Library and Information Resources Digitizing Hidden Collections grant-funded project: Revealing Visual Culture: Digitizing Modern Illustrated Periodical Tear Sheets in the Walt Reed Illustration Archive, 2015. The project was awarded $250,000 to digitize and make publicly accessible 150,000 tear sheets from the Walt Reed Illustration Archive.
- Active in the Art Libraries Society of North America, including serving as Co-Chair of the Annual Conference in 2020 and the current Chair of the Central Plains Chapter.
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of greatest value to the Washington University community.