- Jason Bengtson
- Job Title
- Head of Library Technology Services
- Email Address
Head of Library Technology Services
Jason Bengtson is an academic, developer, technologist, author, and an experienced library IT manager.
The author of numerous publications on library technology, Bengtson has deep interests in areas of digital humanism, semantic technologies, machine learning, and intersections between Complexity Science and Information Science.
SELECTED PROJECTS, ACTIVITIES, ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Bengtson, Jason. “Library Web Development: Beyond Tips and Tricks.” Chicago: ALA Editions, 2019 Print.
- Bengtson, Jason and Jason Coleman. “Taking the Long Way Around: Improving the Display of HathiTrust Records in Primo.” Information Technology in Libraries 38.1 (2019) : 27-39. Web.
- Farrell, Brenda and Jason Bengtson. “Scientist and data architect collaborate to curate and archive an inner ear electrophysiology data collection.” PLoS ONE 14.10 (2019) : e0223984. Web.
- Farrell, Brenda and Jason Bengtson. “ICBO_2018_3: Ontology-Based Data Architecture to Promote Data Sharing in Electrophysiology.” Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Biological Ontology (ICBO 2018): n.pag. Web.
- Blevins, Amy; Elizabeth Kiscaden; and Jason Bengtson. “Courting Apocalypse: Creating a Zombie-Themed Evidence-Based Medicine Game.” Medical Reference Services Quarterly 36.4 (2017) : 313-322. Print.
- Bengtson, Jason. “Funding a Gamification Machine.” Library Technology Funding, Planning, and Development. Hershey: IGI Global, 2016 Print.
- Bengtson, Jason. “Leveraging LibGuides as an EZProxy Notifications Interface.” Innovative Libguides Applications: Real World Examples. New York: Rowman & Littlefield, 2016 Print.
- Bengtson, Jason. “Quantum Technology and the Medical Librarian.” Journal of Hospital Librarianship 15.3 (2015) : 326-333. Print.
- Bengtson, Jason. “The Semantic Revolution.” Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries 15.1 (2015) : 72-82. Print.