- Christie Peters
- Job Title
- Head of Humanities, Social Science, and Area Studies Resource Group
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- (314) 935-2756
- Make Appointment
- Make an Appointment
Christie began her work as Head of Research and Liaison Services and Classics Librarian at the University Libraries in 2019. Prior to that, she served as Head of the Science and Engineering Library at the University of Kentucky. Christie began her career at the University of Houston as a Science and Engineering Librarian in 2009. She has undergraduate degrees in biology and history and master’s degrees in library and information studies and history.
Selected projects, activities, and accomplishments
- Instruction (Classics, CollegeWriting1)
- Omeka exhibition: Classic Elements: Ancient Greece and Rome in Washington University’s Special Collection
- Participant in the Ithaka S+R Teaching with Data in the Social Sciences project
- Soohyung, J., & Peters, C. (2020). User needs assessment for research data services in a research university. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science 52(3): 633-646.
- Peters, C. (2020). Industrial milling and prolific growth of the Cistercian Order in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. In S. Walton (Ed.), Fifty Years of Medieval Technology & Social Change (pp. 150-164). Routledge
- Peters, C. & Dryden, A. R. (2011). Assessing the academic library’s role in campus-wide research data management: A first step the University of Houston. Science & Technology Libraries 30(4): 387-403.