Documentary film and television, with a focus on Civil Rights, social justice, and political activism
Andy joined the staff of the Washington University Libraries as Curator of Film and Media in 2019. He previously worked at the Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive and the Chicago Film Archives. His educational background is in moving image preservation and media studies.
Selected Projects, Activities, and Accomplishments
- Preserving The Maid of McMillan, a student film made at Washington University in 1916, thanks to funding from the National Film Preservation Foundation
- Working with Kartemquin Films on the transfer of their more than 50-year collection of major documentary films to the long-term care of the Film and Media Archive
- Planning the public programming component of the NEH-funded preservation project of interviews from the second series of Eyes on the Prize
- Identify and provide library tools, resources, and services that meet your research needs.
- Uncover options to address data challenges, including data analysis, visualization, and management.
- Develop effective instruction and learning materials for courses and disciplines.
- Cultivate, maintain, and manage collections of greatest value to the Washington University community.