The Research Studio
The Research Studio in Olin Library (Level A, Room A06) is equipped with collaborative workstations where students can access specialized software and work on analysis projects. The Research Studio is open Monday – Friday from 8:30-5:00 for users who require access to the specialized software available there. This space is designed to enable individual or group work and priority is given to students who are actively working with the applications listed below.
For more information on software support and access, see the Data Services Support for Selected Analysis Software page.
Analysis Software Available in the Research Studio
- Advanced Data Processing: MATLAB, Python, R and RStudio, Trimble RealWorks*
- Computer Aided Design (CAD): AutoCAD, MicroStation, Powerdraft
- Desktop GIS: ArcGIS Desktop, GeoMedia, QGIS
- Interactive Mapping: ArcGIS Online (AGOL)
- Miscellaneous: FME, Oxygen XML Editor
- 3D: MeshLab, PhotoScan*, Rhino*, SketchUp Make, Unity*
*These apps are only installed on Station #6