The Chemistry Library in Louderman Hall will be closed May 10 until mid-July for an important project to upgrade the library’s HVAC system. When it reopens later this summer, the Chemistry Library will be an even more comfortable place to visit and study. Here’s what to expect during the Chemistry Library’s temporary closure:
- The Library space and its printed collections will be inaccessible.
- Chemistry Library materials will not be requestable in the University Libraries’ catalog or the MOBIUS catalog.
- The Chemistry Library will not appear as a pick-up location option in the University Libraries’ catalog or the MOBIUS catalog. If you normally pick up requests at the Chemistry Library, choose another Danforth Campus library as your pick-up location.
- Users needing to borrow printed material housed at Chemistry will need to place requests instead through interlibrary loan.
- For assistance, Chemistry Library staff will be reachable by email and phone starting May 14:
- Questions about the facilities aspects of the project should be directed to Sarah Laaker, head of Operational Planning and Assessment, at email@example.com.
- Questions about Chemistry Library services during the project should be directed to Rob McFarland, chemistry librarian and senior engineering librarian for Collections, at firstname.lastname@example.org.