Posting Non-Library Notices in the WU Libraries
WU Libraries provide designated bulletin boards and white boards for posting non-library notices in the following areas:
- Olin Library: Two boards on Level 1, near the Help Desk
- Art and Architecture Library: Bulletin board in stairway to entrance
- Chemistry: Bulletin board above New Books Display
- Music: Bulletin board in breezeway
- Physics: On entry door to Library
Priority for space on these boards is given to the university community. Outdated and duplicated notices will be removed.
Public Areas in the WU Libraries for Library-Sponsored Notices
Public areas of the WU Libraries are reserved for library-sponsored activities in order to:
- Ensure unimpeded access to the libraries’ resources and spaces
- Maintain the libraries as campus spaces dedicated to research and scholarship
- Increase the effectiveness of library-related exhibits and displays
Posting of non-library notices (including posters, notes, announcements, flyers, advertisements, signs, and handbills) in public areas of the library, with the exception of the designated bulletin boards and white boards as listed above, is prohibited. Notices posted in these areas will be removed Libraries staff and facilities staff. Public areas include:
- book stacks
- doors and doorways
- study rooms
- library building entrances and exterior columns
WU Libraries Digital Signage Policy is available at https://library.wustl.edu/digital-signage/content/.
To request exceptions to this policy, contact WU Libraries’ Administration office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is located on Level 3 of Olin Library and is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.