West Campus Conference Center Policies and Procedures
Who can reserve Rooms:
Rent and costs associated with Room Reservations:
- The Conference Center is available to the general public.
- Groups affiliated with the University have scheduling priority, and we are obligated to keep the space available to the University throughout the school year.
- Use of any University facilities for political activities must meet with University guidelines for approval.
Food and Drink in the Rooms:
- The cost for room rental is $25 for members of the Washington University community and $100 for non-campus organizations. Costs are per event per day. Payment is made to Washington University Libraries.
- Use of the kitchenette which includes brew-your-own coffee service, costs $5 per 10-cup pot.
- If any food or drink is served, the user must arrange and pay for cleaning services. Please contact WFF Facility Services at 314 935-8477 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request services.
When should Rooms be scheduled:
- Food and drink is allowed in the Conference Center, either catered or provided by your organization. Catering is the responsibility of the user. However, there will be a fee charged for cleanup in either case. Please see Costs, below, for additional information.
- If alcohol is served, then the Washington University Alcohol Policy must be followed.
Consult "General Policies and Procedures for Scheduling Events" for more information on the University's alcohol policy.
- The Conference Center is quite popular, so reserve a date early - a month ahead of time is strongly recommended.
Changes and Cancellations:
- The West Campus Library is generally open 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. weekdays. Library staff members are available to assist you with your questions, concerns or problems during those hours. There is no one on site to assist you after hours.
- If you are using the Conference Center outside of regular business hours, you will need to make arrangements to pick up keys to the room before your meeting.
Incidents and Accidents:
- All change requests and cancellations must be received in writing no less than 3 business days prior to the event date.
- To request a change or to cancel a reservation, reply to the emailed confirmation that was received upon booking.
- If you no longer have the original confirmation, please contact the West Campus Library (email@example.com) with the required information including date, time, room and name of person who originally booked the space.
- The sponsoring group is liable for any damage to University property during the event.