Washington University Libraries
Department of Special Collections
NOTIFICATION OF INTENT TO QUOTE FROM OR PUBLISH FROM FANNIE HURST MATERIALS
I hereby notify Washington University of my intent to quote from or publish the following Fannie Hurst materials copyrighted by Washington University and Brandeis University: (State specifically and in detail the
materials or portions of Fannie Hurst material you intend to quote from
or publish. If any images or transcriptions materials
are to be used as illustrations, provide an itemized list. Use an attached sheet
Please provide the publication information listed below:
|Projected publication date:
Conditions governing publication of Fannie Hurst material copyrighted by Washington University and Brandeis University:
- Publication of Fannie Hurst materials requires permission of Washington University in St. Louis and Brandeis University, the co-copyright holder of the Fannie Hurst literary estate.
- Permission to conduct research with Fannie Hurst material
entails an obligation that a patron and her/his publisher complete
and return this "Notification of Intent to Quote from or Publish
Fannie Hurst Material" form before quoting from or publishing. Publish means quotation in whole or in part in seminar or term
papers, theses or dissertations, journal articles, monographs, books, digital
forms, photographs, images, dramatic presentations, transcriptions, or any
other form prepared for a limited or general public.
- Washington University reserves the right to grant permission to publish Fannie Hurst materials.
- Washington University reserves the right to assess a use
fee for any form of publication of Fannie Hurst materials. Unless otherwise specified,
permissions to publish from Washington University are granted for one-time,
non-exclusive, single-edition rights only.
- Published work created using Fannie Hurst materials must include a citation indicating that Bradeis Univerisity and Washington University in St. Louis are joint copyright holders to the material.
- Washington University requires that a complete copy of any
publication (in any medium) that is based on Fannie Hurst materials be given to Washington University Libraries for inclusion in its collections.
- THE PATRON WILL DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS (1) WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, ITS
WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES AND DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS, ITS
BOARD OF TRUSTEES, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS,
COSTS, AND EXPENSES INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES INCURRED FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS
OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR REGULATORY COURSE OF ACTION
ARISING FROM PATRON'S USE OF FANNIE HURST MATERIALS COPYRIGHTED BY WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: I certify that the information on this form
and any attachments is correct and that any publication of the requested
materials will meet the conditions established by Washington University, as listed above. Further, I am aware of my responsibility in the
case of possible copyright infringement.
Patron Name (please print):
For WU-Dept. of Special Collections