- Faculty -- 90 days
- Graduate students -- 60 days
- Undergraduates -- 4 weeks
- W.U. staff -- 4 weeks
- Courtesy borrowers -- 3 weeks
- Bound periodicals circulate to WU faculty and graduate students for 5 days.
- Materials in the Reference, materials in the Special Collection Room and Room 210, and all current journals in the Reading Room can only be used inside the library. (Special Collection Room hours are: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Obtain reserve materials by presenting a current Washington University I.D. at the Service Desk. Loan periods: two days; two hours; four hours; overnight (weekend after 5:00 p.m.; Mon. - Fri. after 9:00 p.m.).
Scanned articles and other electronic texts are available on Ares. Ares course sites are password-protected. Ask your instructor for the password.
- 314-935-5525, firstname.lastname@example.org (general)
- 314-935-4816, email@example.com (Chinese studies: Tony Chang)
- 314-935-5155, firstname.lastname@example.org (Japanese/Korean studies: Ryuta Komaki)
|EAsia General Stacks||1st Level (call numbers N,P); 2nd Level (B,D-M,Q-V); 3rd Level (A,C); Basement (Z)|
|EAsia Folio||1st Level|
|EAsia Reference||Reading Room|
|EAsia Periodicals||Reading Room (current issues); 3rd Level (bound issues)|
|EAsia Special Coll||2nd Level|
|EAsia Special Coll (Rm210)||Room 210|
|EAsia CD-ROM||Circulation Desk|
|EAsia Reserve||Circulation Desk|
|EAsia Microform||Circulation Desk|
|EAsia Pop Lit.||1st Level, southwest corner (nearby PL679)|
East Asian Library Reading Room has five public computers with installed CJK software, which provide access to the Library catalog, as well as access to Internet and other resources. Two have scanners attached. Headphones for general use within the library are available at the circulation desk. The library has one multi-function printer, which is networked and provids printing, copying, and scanning services to members of the Washington University community (students, faculty, and staff).
- Computing and copying Services at the Libraries.
- Laptop printing setup instructions (STS)
- WIRELESS NETWORK ACCESS is available in the East Asian Library. There is information about how to use the wireless network on the Wireless Network Access page.
- Olin Library's Arc (Library Technology Center) and Arts & Sciences Creative Lab (Eads 007) have workstations for viewing VHS or DVD materials--including materials in foreign formats such as PAL or SECAM.
- The primary purpose of the room is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups.
- The Group Study Room is not available for regularly scheduled classes.
- “Groups” may reserve the Group Study Room at the East Asian Library service desk or by contacting the library at email@example.com or (314) 935-5525.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and may be scheduled up to three hours at a time. When room is empty, it is available for walk-in use. However, reservations always take precedence over walk-ins. Walk-in groups are encouraged to sign-in at the East Asian Library service desk.
- Individuals may not reserve the Group Study Room but may use unreserved room if not needed by a group.
- The open hours of the Group Study Room are according to East Asian Library service hours.
Renew books online