Physics Reference Sources
Go to resource beginning with: [A-E] [F-J] [K-0] [P] [Q-T] [U-Z]
- Astrophysical Data Systems (ADS) - Includes material on space instrumentation, astronomy and astrophysics, and geophysics.
- Bartleby - Bartlett's
- Kelly Blue Book
- Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography
- Contributions of 20th Century Women to Physics
- Currency Exchange Rates - Currency converter by OANDA
- Dictionary of Physics (Oxford Reference Online)
- Educational Modules & Simulations - A collection of educational modules and simulations in Physics from Syracuse University.
- Electronic Dictionaries
- FedStats - Statistics collected by the United States Federal government
- General Catalogue of Photometric Data - from the University of Lausanne
- IBM Patent Server
- The Integrator - an integral calculator
- The Laws List - Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, limits, constants, experiments, & thought-experiments in physics.
- Martindale's Reference Desk
- Materials Safety and Hazardous Chemical Handling Sites
- Measurements Converter
- Mega Math - Includes information on mapping, graph theory, knot theory, algorithms, computer science and more.
- Michigan Electronic Library - Reference Desk
- NASA Image Exchange (NIX) - NIX has over 300,000 images from eight research centers. Users can search the database.
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database (NED) - This database from the Jet Propulsion Lab at the California Institute of Technology includes physical parameters of extragalactic objects, abstracts of journal articles and theses. The database is searchable by object name, position, and characteristics.
- NASA STI (Scientific and Technical Information Programs)
- National Institute of Standards, Physics Laboratory. Measurements and Calibrations
Institute of Standards, Physics Laboratory. Physical Reference
- Particle Data Group
- Chemicool Periodic Table
- Physical Laws, Rules, Principles, Effects, Paradoxes, Constants and Experiments
- Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS)
- Physics Modules and Simulations at Syracuse University - This site contains a series of educational modules asnd simulations. Of particular interest are the Science for the 21st century and the VRML Gallery of Physics sections.
- PhysicsWeb - sponsored by the Institute of Physics.
- PhysLINK: Physics
and Science Reference
- Stat Codes - On-line statistical software for astronomy and related fields.
- Table of New Nuclear Moments - Nicholas Stone of the Oxford University Physics Department's Clarendon Laboratory has compiled a Table of Nuclear Moments, a revision of the table compiled by P. Raghaven. This table is available at Brookhaven National Laboratory's National Nuclear Data Center.
- Table of the Nuclides
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - Search for patents issued by the U.S. Patent Office
- U.S. Patent Citation Database
- The United States Government Manual
- Universal Currency Converter
- WebElements - The Periodic Table on the WWW
- World Factbook - from the CIA
- Zip Codes -
from the United States Postal Service