Biological Reagents, Vendors,
Link to top Life
- Springerprotocols.com - medical library subscription to volumes in several book sets, including Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Neuromethods, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology and Methods in Biotechnology.
in Enzymology also online,
Directory of Immunological & Biological Reagents also online
in Cell Biology, also online, 2004+
in Microbiology, also online,
and many more.
- Includes ATCC Catalogs of Recombinant Materials (Clones,
Host, Libraries, etc.) and Other Collections (Bacteriology, Cell
Cultures, Fungi, etc.)
- Full text, v.1, 1998+. Web only peer-reviewed journal. ISSN
- Assembled from contributing laboratories throughout the
world; some features require free registration.
directory for biomedical research products and services
- from StatSoft, Inc.
Fluorescent Probes and Research Chemicals
- from Molecular Probes, Inc.
- An introductory level statistics text online, by David M.
Lane, includes links to other statistics sites, a Glossary
- Linscott's Directory of Immunological and Biological Reagents
- Another compilation hosted by Horizon Press.
Human Genetic Mutant Cell Repository/Coriell Cell
- The Repository has human cell cultures available in the
following categories: inherited metabolic disorders,
biochemically mutant cell cultures with characterized mutations,
well- characterized chromosomally aberrant cell cultures, CEPH
Reference Families, a human diversity collection, and
human/rodent somatic cell hybrid mapping panels. Menus are
provided to allow users to search for cell cultures or DNA
samples in a variety of ways including Repository number, MIM
number, disease description, as well as chromosome abnormality
and number. Chromosome ideograms are provided for human/rodent
somatic cell hybrids.
- Wiki to "promote the sharing of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering; includes a growing collection of protocols, images, etc., from labs at several universities.
Guide to the Use of Selected Multivariate Statistics
- Overview "course" designed originally for geographers.
- Research Methods Knowledge Base
- by William M. K. Trochim, Professor of Policy Analysis and
Management at Cornell University.