Biology Full-Text SourcesLink to top Life Sciences page
|Selected links to electronic
journals, arranged alphabetically by title
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
Search for EJournals (not just biology)
Some alternative alphabetical subject lists: Earth & Environmental Sciences (Agriculture, Botany, Ecology); Physical Sciences & Mathematics (Biochemistry, General Science); Health & Biological Sciences (Biology, Zoology)
|Becker Medical Library Catalog|
|Open Access - why it matters where you publish||Lists at other sites||Databases & Publishers||Other full-text sources|
- Internet edition of Ulrich International Periodicals Directory; includes bibliographic information on the world's serials and often URLs. More info.
- Electronic Journals in Biology (Harvard Bio Labs Library)
- Includes full text and graphics sites.
- Univ. of California, San Francisco Electronic Journals Lists
- Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences
- list kept at Medical College of Ohio
- MEDLINE Journals Which Offer Full Text
- Medical and Health News
- This guide, created at Univ. of Pittsburgh, lists a variety of news sites, including alerting services, wire services, electronic newspapers and magazines and television news.
- Natural History Electronic Journals and Newsletters
- New Jour, Electronic Journals and Newsletters archive
- Academic Search Premier, approx. 1975+ (varies by source)
- Scholarly, multi-disciplinary database containing full text for more than 4,650 publications, including more than 3,600 peer-reviewed publications. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,183 journals in the collection. If you only want article with full-text available within the database, you can LIMIT to FULL-TEXT. More info
- Health & Wellness Resource Center (4 years plus current year)
- Provides bibliographic references, abstracts and full text for excerpts and articles from a variety of health publications. Provided courtesy of the Becker Medical Library. More info
- Electronic Sites of Leading Botany, Plant Biology and Science Journals
- Free medical journals
- Find the web page for the journal or publisher you seek by searching in one of the Internet Indexes and Search Engines.
- In many search engines, phrase searching is done with quotation marks, so "journal title" may be a useful initial strategy. If the journal title is too generic, try searching for the name of the association or try "journal title" +publisher.
- Australian Journals Online, from National Library of Australia.
- Academic Search Premier and/or Health & Wellness Resource Center and/or Applied Science Fulltext
- When you have VERY little time, these databases can be life savers. First, do searches by subject or keyword; then LIMIT to fulltext. This will give you only the articles which you can read directly from your computer screen.
- Classical Genetics: Foundations
- Collection of fulltext papers by Mendel, Bateson, Morgan and others. Papers are in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Mendel Web
- A WWW teaching and learning site built around "Experiments in Plant Hybridization / Versuche uber Pflanzen-Hybriden", by Gregor Mendel. 1865. Also includes several other articles and chapters.
- Full text books on the web