Are there books the library needs to buy? Our FY16 book budget still has some money remaining. All orders need to be placed before May 2, 2016. So if you have been holding book requests, NOW is the time to send them to Ruth [email@example.com] so they can be acquired with fy16 funds.
Serials Review – 2017 We are now reviewing subscriptions annually to ensure we are spending library money most effectively. This year we are concentrating on titles where we seem to be spending a lot more on subscription than we would spend on Interlibrary Loans for all WU downloads of fulltext. [Interlibrary Loan is very efficient lately; my recent requests have all arrived within 48 hours! So if you haven’t used it recently, you should definitely try again when you need things we don’t have.] After consulting with a few faculty, these are the titles we will cancel in 2017. We will keep the access that we already have; we just won’t acquire 2017+ online. In most cases, faculty agreed to these cancellations in 2014 but we were not able to cancel until now due to contractual issues with Springer.
- Acta mathematica Hungarica.
- Doklady. Mathematics / Russian Academy of Sciences
- Educational studies in mathematics.
- Functional analysis and its applications
- Jahresbericht der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung
- Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik. [Crelle’s Journal]
- Monatshefte für Mathematik.
- Sbornik. Mathematics / Russian Academy of Sciences
- Trudy Matematicheskogo instituta imeni V.A. Steklova. English [Proceedings of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics]
This totals more than we were required to cancel but very low usage seemed to justify these cuts.
Because we are canceling more than required, I will order the full online backfiles to Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society. Are there other very expensive items or new subscriptions that are needed?
I welcome your comments or questions. Please send to Ruth firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15 if possible.