Exhibits in Olin Library & Whispers Café
The primary purpose of exhibiting in Olin Library and the Whispers Café is to provide a creative forum to promote and communicate information about the Libraries' collections, services, and operations. Students and other university staff can also mount exhibits promoting their organizations and activities. Olin Library is an ideal location for exhibits of university and community interest.
Criteria for Exhibits
Exhibits should satisfy the following criteria:
- Relate to the mission of the library and/or the university,
- Be aesthetically pleasing,
- Display material relevant to the theme of the exhibit,
- Promote the collections, services, and functions of the library.
- Should not commercialize or editorialize personal or partisan opinions or viewpoints, but should inform and educate the public
Olin Library takes reasonable precautions to protect displays and exhibits. However, the Library does not provide insurance coverage for exhibit items. Exhibitors are responsible for providing insurance coverage of items exhibited, or they exhibit at their own risk. The Libraries are not responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of exhibited items. Any damage incurred to Library property from exhibit items is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
If you have questions concerning mounting an exhibit please contact:
Cheryl Holland, Exhibit Committee