Whispers Café Exhibit Cube
Whispers Café is at the heart of the campus where paths from all directions meet. Open 24/7 during the fall/spring school semester, it features convenience and comfort. The Café offers a place for meeting friends, for enjoying a snack while cyber surfing, or for studying into the night. Foodservice and vending service provide coffees, soft drinks, and snacks: and a campus police substation across the hall provides security.
The Whispers' Cube, located in the Whispers' Café, is a huge 4-sided structure with eight 23x23x23 cubed spaces to mount exhibits. Although located in a public area, the plexiglass cubicles are relatively difficult to open. Each cube is secured with very unique screws.
Criteria for Exhibits
Exhibits should satisfy the following criteria:
- Relate to the mission of the library and/or the university,
- Be aesthetically pleasing,
- Display material relevant to the theme of the exhibit,
- Promote the collections, services, and functions of the library.
- Should not commercialize or editorialize personal or partisan opinions or viewpoints, but should inform and educate the public