Honor with Books: A Gift with a Future
Libraries house, protect, and promote the record of human endeavor. At a highly ranked institution like Washington University, the University Libraries must keep their collections strong in many subject areas in order to attract and serve outstanding faculty, students, and visiting scholars. Washington University Libraries' Honor with Books program is a substantive and lasting way to celebrate a graduation, anniversary, or birthday . . . or to memorialize someone.
How Honor with Books Works
For as little as $100, you can honor a family member, friend, colleague, teacher, or other person of your choice. Each $100 increment funds the acquisition of one new book, selected by a Washington University librarian. The names of the honoree and donor will be inscribed on a bookplate inside the book's front cover, and will appear in the book's online catalog entry.
Gifts of all sizes make a difference, and both the donor and the Libraries benefit:
- $100-$199 purchases one new book.
- $200-$999 purchases additional books (1 book for each $100) and gives the donor a one-year membership in the University Libraries' Century Club, which provides library borrowing privileges, invitations to library events, and other benefits.
- $1,000 purchases 10 books and carries a one-year membership in the William Greenleaf Eliot Society. The donor gains additional benefits, including a WU parking sticker, access to the athletic complex, an invitation to join the Whittemore House, reserve seating at Assembly Series lectures, and more.
- Larger gifts can be targeted for the purchase of selected collections or manuscripts for the Libraries' Special Collections Department.
- All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Notification of gifts can be sent to the honoree or the honoree's family.
Make Your Gift
To make your gift, use this form. If you prefer to have an Honor with Books brochure (complete with response form) mailed to you, call the Temporary Director of Development for University Libraries, Toni Reel, at 314-935-6917 or email her at email@example.com